This morning the Melbourne Business Network held an event, at the RACV City Club, titled “The Pointy End of Sales”. Initially there was a presentation by the RACV’s mobility team, introducing attendees to their new Carshare platform. Rivalling carsharing, such as GoGet or FlexiCar, RACV’s Carshare provides individuals and businesses with flexible, low cost car rentals.
The main speaker, James Tuckerman, then presented “The Pointy End of Sales”, aiming to educate the attendees on how to maintain an efficient sales funnel. The presentation was engaging and thoroughly entertaining. Working as any good funnel should, James began with the top, explaining the breakdown of your target market. Within your target market there are five different segments.
· The “Yes” group: These customers need your services at this moment (3%)
· The “Active” group: The customers in this segment are actively looking for you or your business (7%)
· “Aware”: This group is aware of you or your Business but may not believe they need your service at this time (approx. 24%)
· “Unaware” (approx. 36%)
· “No”: AKA as Red flags. These people will always say no to your service. (30%)
The “Unaware” segment are likely to reject your offer unless they are made aware of the issues you can solve. The problem many businesses face is they operate under the belief that everyone is part of the “Yes” group.
As always, the RACV Club is a great place for networking, the food was good and the coffee was fresh (exactly what was needed at 7 am). The Melbourne Business Network seems to attract a wide range of people from every industry. I spoke with a number of technology based Business Owners, along with a few Managing Directors of financial services firms. I also had the chance to touch base with a couple of people I met at past networking events.
I will definitely be attending more Melbourne Business Network events in the future.
Things to Note
- Location: RACV Club, 501 Bourke Street, Melbourne
- Highlight: Fantastic audience engagement
- Cost: $35
- Hot Tip: Get ready for an engaging presentation!
- Venue: 4/5
- Catering: 4/5
- Speaker: 5/5
- Networking Opportunity: 4/5